Special Olympics North Dakota (SOND) hosts a variety of fundraising events throughout the state to raise funds and awareness to benefit our athletes. Our main fundraising events include:
- Dancing for Special Stars: Similar to the hit TV series "Dancing with the Stars," Special Olympics' Dancing for Special Stars teams up a dance instructor with a local celebrity to raise funds for Special Olympics' programming. Events are held in April in Grand Forks and in October in Minot. To volunteer as a dancer or to sponsor the event, please give us a call.
- Gold Medal Entrée and A Special Night Out: Restaurants statewide participate on a designated night to raise money and awareness for SOND by donating a percentage of their total sales back to SOND. These fundraisers are typically held before a state sport tournament.
- Golf Classics: Special Olympics hosts annual golf tournaments in Grand Forks, Fargo, and Minot during Summer months. In addition to enjoying a wonderful afternoon on the greens, a silent auction is held at each event, offering participants yet another opportunity to make the day memorable.
- SpartanNash Promotion: SOND partners with the large food distributor to raise funds and awareness through an annual scan promotion held in the spring at SpartanNash stores across the state.
- Spicy Pie Promotion: SOND has partnered with the Spicy Pie chain to provide a discount to customers. In addition, Spicy Pie will donate a portion of each sale to Special Olympics.
We're looking for participants and sponsors and have events directly tied to your unique interests. To participate in these fundraisers or to create one of your own to benefit Special Olympics, please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (701) 746-0331.